Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lime Buddies Chex Mix

So, I will be 17 weeks tomorrow, which means I should be feeling better by now, but I am not. I am just wishing that this does not last the whole pregnancy. All I want for Christmas this year is for the morning sickness to go away :(

Anyways, we needed to make something easy for a Christmas treat for some of my husband's coworkers/teacher friends at school and I saw this recipe for Lemon Buddies Chex Mix on a box of Rice Chex. It looked so good and we had all of the ingredients except for a lemon. We had a lime though so we figured we'd give it a try with the lime. I am so glad that we did, it turned out so good and it only took 15 minutes!


Chex Lime Buddies
adapted from this recipe

9 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips (we just used 10oz of vanilla candy coating)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 teaspoons grated lime peel (about half a lime)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
2 cups powdered sugar

1. Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.

2. In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lime peel, and lime juice uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave for about 30 seconds more or longer until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.

3. Pour powdered sugar and cereal into a 2 gallon ziploc bag and seal. Gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in a resealable container.


Shared on:
Creations by Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment