Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Homemade Valentine's Day

 

Every year for Valentine's Day, we try to make homemade cards. Right now my daughter is only 3 and has only 5 kids in her preschool class so this is very doable. I know in few years as her class size get bigger, we won't be able to do as much, so we are enjoying it while we can.

We decided to use paint this year and do potato stamps. I also saw this cool idea on Pinterest and thought we'd give it a try only with Romaine instead of celery. It didn't turn out as good or as pretty as theirs, but it was still pretty cool.






The potato stamp worked well though and it was so fun for my daughter to stamp with a potato. I just free-handed a heart onto a halved potato, then cut it out. Super quick and easy and I like that it is not perfect. It adds to the handmade charm.



Then on the inside, I lightly wrote Happy Valentine's Day Love, A* and my daughter traced the letters in markers. She likes to write herself, but gets frustrated when she doesn't know the letter so this is our compromise for now. We are still working on writing from left to right and not right to left too, but she is doing just fine for a 3 almost 4 year old.

Happy Valentine's Day!!! We hope you have a special day filled with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment